What is SMS/Mobile Marketing?
Short Message Service (SMS) Marketing may be the most effective form of marketing out there today; but the reality of it is, most people don’t know what SMS Marketing is. SMS Marketing is a form of direct marketing using text messages to deliver a business’ marketing message to their targeted customer’s mobile device. Perhaps all one needs to know about SMS Marketing is that there is no other form of marketing that is as fast or as efficient as SMS; nor is there any other form of marketing that is more direct.
What SMS Marketing is all about:
SMS Marketing can be a great marketing tool for businesses to use. SMS is extremely cost effective and it brings an immediate call to action to the receiving customers. With an estimated 91% of Americans using a mobile phone now days, it only makes sense for businesses to capture that market. It is estimated that only 5% of mobile phones do not have SMS capabilities; so that means that 95% of the 91% of Americans who use mobile devices can receive an SMS message instantly. Statistics like that help users understand the potential customer reach that can be had with an SMS Marketing campaign.
One of the beautiful things about SMS Marketing is that customers must “opt-in” to become part of a business’ contact list. This is a great thing for businesses because this means that the customers must share some sort of interest in the business and the products or services that they provide. You may be wondering how to get customers/clients to “opt-in”? There are many ways in which a business can get a client to opt-in, but perhaps the most effective and most common way businesses get clients to join is by starting a promotional campaign where customers can text a keyword phrase to a promotional code. This is effective for both the business as well as the customer; effective for the customer because they get to partake in the initial promotion as well as receive promotional opportunities in the future. By getting customers to opt-in, businesses increase their SMS contact list, and thus increase their potential reach and their marketing efforts instantly become more effective. Look at it this way; when someone “opts-in” to your list, it means they WANT to receive promotions from you. This means you will only be marketing to customers who have interest in your product or service, blowing ROI through the roof.
Features of the NexGen SMS Marketing Service:
- Built In System for Offering Coupons to Customers
- Poll/Survey customers through SMS Polls and Questionnaires
- Social media integration – Including Signup Through Facebook & Twitter
- QR code creation/delivery
- Appointment Software – Send clients appointment/important reminders via text message
- Create “Text to Win” Campaigns
- Automatic Response system for Sign-ups
- Analytical Tracking so you can see your results
Why use SMS Marketing?
- SMS Messages are delivered instantly
- 95% of text messages are opened by the recipient
- The average text message is opened within 4 minutes
- 91% of adults have their mobile phone in arm’s reach 24/7
- 86% of mobile users send/receive a text message each and every week
- SMS IS GREEN! – No printing/shipping required
- Mobile Coupons are 10 times more likely to be used than any other type of coupons
- 25% of Americans use ONLY their mobile device to access the internet
- 16% of all customers who receive a text message promotion make a purchase as a result
Based on these statistics a business with a list of 1000 customers on their account could generate 160 sales from a single text message promotion through NexGen Marketing. Contact us today to get started or to get more information about our amazing text message marketing platform. It is easy to use and you can control it all yourself or have us control it for you!